UCD Innovation Academy invites you to attend our Undergraduate International Christmas event on Friday, 1st December from 1-3pm.
If last weekend’s Late Late Toy Show left you wondering what’s all the fuss about, wonder no more.
This Friday, UCD Innovation Academy will host a special event for UCD international students. In this run up to Christmas, and exams, we’re hosting a unique event that will:
- Give yourself a festive break from study to try out some of UCD Innovation Academy’s unique approaches to creativity and innovation while learning about Christmas in Ireland;
- Learn about Irish Christmas traditions and share your own festive customs;
- Get creative and make a collage postcard to send a message to loved ones near or far ;
- Combine VR with Christmas to try some festive art creation in the Metaverse;
- Go snowboarding, virtually (because that’s as close as we get in Ireland!) – feel the rush of cold mountain air as you carve through snowy slopes, performing tricks.
- Come and decorate laser-cut holiday ornaments in our MakerSpace. We have cut and engraved some special holiday decorations for you to customise with paints and snowy glitter. Enter a “luck dip” for a chance to get a limited edition customised ornament with your family or pet’s name.
Refreshments will be served.
Come along to UCD Innovation Academy this Friday, take a break from study, get festive, have fun and meet the team.
Where: UCD Innovation Academy, O’Brien Centre for Science, Belfield Campus, UCD.
When: Friday 1st December 1 – 3pm (drop in whenever suits).
Who: All UCD Undergraduate are welcome, be sure to register above.
Registration to UCD Innovation Academy optional electives opens in January 2024. Every year hundreds of undergraduate students take our optional electives in Creativity, Innovation, Entrepreneurship, Sustainability, MakerSpace Technology, Virtual Reality and more. Our team would be happy to speak to you about our electives on Friday.
PLEASE NOTE: Our Undergraduate Modules are only available for current UCD Undergraduate students.